Monday, 7 January 2013

Can of the Week!

What the hell is this? I hear you ask. Well, we are moving in a few weeks and am trying not to take junk, when we go.

Though we have only lived here for a year, we have accumulated a rather big collection of weird canned goods. None of which are coming with us. So my aim is try and use them all up in a fun game of can of the week.

Today Mark was the guinea pig for Vegetarian Nut Roast.



Whilst we all dined on sausages (gourmet), he had nut roast burgers, grilled with halloumi. Luckily as you can see I burnt the halloumi, to add some texture. It's not Masterchef here.
 


The verdict was and I quote "not too bad", in my book that's a winner.

 Now all I need is a recipe for tinned pears, any suggestions welcome. 

1 comment:

  1. I am officially horrified that it maintained it's 'can' shape. Just like dog food.

    Tinned pears - Pear crumble. Yum.

    ReplyDelete